Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

I just got this message on the display: error code 7. It

Customer Question

HI, I just got this message on the display: error code 7.
JA: How many miles are on the car? Do you have scan tool or a code reader?
Customer: It says it has 91000
JA: What is the model/year of your Honda?
Customer: No
JA: What year is your Honda?
Customer: Its a 2008 exl With navigation system
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just tried to enter the code on the display. I did it just twice
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: It appears a message on screen after i enter the code that says: "currently there is a disc with a older version of the downloaded software, please check the disc" Dont have idea what it means
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This can indicate the radio is locked out in some cases or the wrong code is being entered,try disconnecting the battery for around 10 minutes then reconnect it and see if you are then able to enter the code properly from there.If this does not work let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
HI, I have not tried your answer yet, later this afternoon ill have time to do it and see if it works. I was driving the car yesterday and it made a beep and now I see "enter code message on the display
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Make sure you have the correct code so it doesnt lock out again.In some cases you may have to contact a dealer for this code.Try entering it again and see if it resolves the issue here.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.A 5 star rating is appreciated.Thanks Pete