Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.

Alarm won't turn off. Help! Battery ok. Removed fuse

Customer Question

Alarm won't turn off. Help!
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Is your battery fully charged?
Customer: Battery ok. Removed fuse labelled horn and hi power horn w/ no effect. Probably aftermarket alarm.
JA: What is the model/year of your Honda?
Customer: 2010 CRV
JA: Are you fixing your CR-V yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just pressed the fob buttons, unlocking all door locks from inside and relocking. 2 fobs. Batteries I guess are ok since little red lights go on, though not very bright.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Car won't start indicating not a Honda alarm.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for taking time to ask your Honda-Acura question on JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** online handle is Honda-Man I will be assisting you.

Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 month ago.

Aftermarket alarms have a disarm button under the drivers side dash. It should be a small black button installed through a plastic panel. You might need to pull down the under dash cover to see it. I have included images of 2 examples. Turn on the ignition then press the button. I would go to a stereo or alarm shop and ask them to remove it or provide the correct key fobs. Evidently you have the Honda ones but not any aftermarket fobs. Pressing the button resets the alarm so it should be OK after that.

Please navigate to the rating page and provide a rating. Positive feedback is welcome too. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required. If for any reason you can't rate now please tell me why so I can continue to help. The rating has nothing to do with when or how you get charged. Rating is how JustAnswer knows when to pay me.
Thank you,