HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

Thinking of purchasing a used 2002 Honda crv-ex. what should

Customer Question

thinking of purchasing a used 2002 Honda crv-ex. what should I look for specifically before I give them the money. It is going through a Honda pre-purchase inspection as I write this!
Category: Honda
Expert:  Cary York replied 6 months ago.

Hi, I’m Cary and I’ll be helping you today.
Please understand that I can't smell, hear, or touch the vehicle, so patience is appreciated. Before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as needed, even after the rating..

I would have a used car inspection done by an independent source. Look for leaks, c.v. axles, worn suspension parts, brakes, etc. Most used car inspections cost $50.00 - $75.00. Do you have a local repair shop that you normally use?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.

using a Honda dealership for $147. They found a bunch of stuff. To have them fix it they want $6k. Trying to purchase the car for $4k. So I might purchase it and just fix the most needed stuff first. I was just wondering if there are specific issues with that vehicle that you knew about, such as if it is an interference engine regarding the timing belt. Or other issues like that. Do you know of any?

It does not have a timing belt. It is timing chain so that's good. What are they saying it needs?

That's a lot of repairs.

How many miles are on it?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.

we gave up on that vehicle now we are looking at a 2007 for sale at a Honda dealer with 130,000 miles. the AC didnt work and they had their mechanic look at it and he said all it needed was to lube the AC compressor clutch. Now it blows ice cold. Is this a realistic repair? -to lube the compressor clutch??

Never heard of lubing an A/C clutch. Sorry for the delay in response. Do you still need some help?