HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

I have a 2013 Honda CR-V LX and am interested in upgrading

Customer Question

I have a 2013 Honda CR-V LX and am interested in upgrading the wipers to intermittent. There are wiper switches available with this function, such as theis:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/142025963355?ul_noapp=true
Is this an easy upgrade? How do I remove and hook up the replacement?
Category: Honda
Expert:  GDibs replied 3 months ago.

I didn't know that there was a 2013 CRV built without intermittent wipers nor do I see that reflected in the service manuals. If yours is not equipped with intermittent wipers and you wanted to change it there would be more involved than just changing a switch. The wipers are controlled by the Drivers Multiplex Integrated Control Unit (MICU). That control unit would have to be one that is configured for intermittent wipers.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
All the 2013 LX models have just two speed front wipers. Not sure why the service manuals would not show that as it is standard knowledge in the CR-V owners' group discussions. I assume replacing/upgrading the MICU is not an easy task.
Expert:  GDibs replied 3 months ago.

I see the difference now it is and variable dwell timer circuit-vs-regular intermittent wipe. I would verify 1st that the optional blue wire is located at pin 10 of the wiper switch connector as shown on the wiring diagram I included, f so , great. The MICU is an integrated part of the dash fuse box. I Included some information on removal and installation of the dash fuse box. The MICU is also a part of the immobilizer system (if equipped), after replacing it you would have to get the keys reprogrammed. A mobile lock smith should be able to do that for you.

I just gave you a bunch of info. Hope it tells you what you wanted to know.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks for all the information. I will check out the diagrams and let you know if I need additional help.
Expert:  GDibs replied 3 months ago.

ok, good luck

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
One more question: if it has the blue wire, do I still have to replace the MICU?
Expert:  GDibs replied 2 months ago.

As long as the wire is there then I think it will be possible to connect a different switch and install a different MICU and make it work. You might get lucky and not have to change the MICU so try the switch first and see what happens.