Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Dealer Auto Technician

Front door lock is down and door won't close, 2014 pilot

Customer Question

front door lock is down and door won't close
JA: What is the model/year of your Honda?
Customer: 2014 pilot touring
JA: Are you fixing your Touring yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: tried using the key lock to lock and unlock, the one on the passenger door and the master switch. It is the passenger door and the which piece got pushed when the door was open
JA: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is***** am an ASE Master Technician and I am glad to help you out with your question.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Open the door, while pulling the outside door handle use a screwdriver to flip the latch out, The latch is inside the door jam. The latch is in the door closed position and this is preventing the door from closing, you need to manually get the latch back out to the door open position.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Please reply to this if you need more help and we can continue this conversation. If you are satisfied with my service, please rate at the top of the screen. Rating does not close out your question. Remember, sometimes it is difficult to completely diagnose your vehicle without being there, but I will try to give you the best answer I can. If I am not giving you 5 star service, please let me know what I missed.