Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.

I inly have regular key (no fob with alarm) and I am trapped

Customer Question

I inly have regular key (no fob with alarm) and I am trapped in my car becuse when I open the door the alarm goes off!
JA: Have you checked the fob's battery?
Customer: I do not have a fob!! Just a key!
JA: What is the model/year of your Honda?
Customer: 2010 odyssey
JA: Are you fixing your Odyssey yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am in the van trying to go to anstoee aa stores store
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: ??
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: Why is the alarm on?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for taking time to ask your Honda-Acura question on JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** online handle is Honda-Man I will be assisting you.

Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 month ago.

Sorry for thew delay, Sunday is a bit limited. Get out of the Van, close the door, use your key in the drives door lock, turn it to lock then unlock. This will shut off the alarm and reset it so it won't go of again. This will work if it's the horn honking only not aftermarket add-on alarms. They have a small push button under the drivers side dash. turn on the ignition then pres the button. This will work if there is a siren for the alarm.

Please navigate to the rating page and provide a rating. Positive feedback is welcome too. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required. If for any reason you can't rate now please tell me why so I can continue to help. The rating has nothing to do with when or how you get charged. Rating is how JustAnswer knows when to pay me.
Thank you,