MASTER TECH, Honda Service Technician
Experience:  28 years of Honda training and a master Honda tech

The Sirius radio is "locked up" according to the dealership

Customer Question

The Sirius radio is "locked up" according to the dealership because the code was entered incorrectly too many times.
JA: Has the battery been recently disconnected? Have you checked the manual or the glove box for the radio code?
Customer: I got a new battery. I have the radio code now, but am unable to enter it.
JA: What is the model/year of your Honda?
Customer: CRV/2011
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Sirius walked me through how to refresh it, then told me they had done everything they could and to take it to the dealership. I took it to the dealership and they said it was locked up from trying to enter the code too many times and it would eventually unlock itself.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. I just want to be able to get my radio working.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Honda
Expert:  MASTER TECH replied 1 month ago.

hello welcome to just answer I am master tech and will be able to assist you on this.

since the code was forced into the system and locked out you will need to do a master reset.

to do this reset you will need to disconnect the battery and use a jumper wire or something to connect the batter ends together.

word of CAUTION place something over the battery like a piece of cardboard over the battery top.

main precaution is to keep the cable ends from touching the battery post or this will short the system out.

once you have taken this precaution then connect the lead and leave them connected for 20 minutes and it will allow the system to discharge the capacitors and basically wipe it clear and allow you to renter the radio codes.