Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

1999 passport New fuel sender installed and it shows empty

Customer Question

1999 passport New fuel sender installed and it shows empty and low fuel light blinking. When car full of gas.
JA: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?
Customer: It is the low fuel light blinks then stays on then blinks
JA: Are you fixing your Passport yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I just got car yesterday seen recept for work done still shows empty
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Also i got drivers door switchs for windows not working but all door windows work with the doors own switch
Category: Honda
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.working after noon till just after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • Yes, you have been charged already.
  • Yes, I am aware of the time you asked your question and time I am responding.
  • I will be online a couple more hours after this post.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I still need it answered
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I need help wtf i paid for what to sit and spin with no help

Here is the wire diagram on this circuit.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/passfuel.pdf

The fuel level indicator signal goes to the ECM first then the ECM sends the signal to the instrument cluster. Do you have a diagnostic tool to see if the ECM is showing the correct fuel level? Can you OHM test the wires from the ECM to the fuel sender to verify those wires are not broken then do the same again for the wires from the ECM to the instrument cluster?

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The switches on driver door still not working for windows but all other doors work

I am only permitted as a user of the website like yourself to help diagnose and repair one concern or system per question. Are you needing more assistance on the fuel sender?

I can help on a new concern through additional service offer if you would like.