Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ase master tech
19513769

Honda 99 accord front wheel stud replacement, can it be done

Customer Question

honda 99 accord front wheel stud replacement, can it be done on the car
Category: Honda
Expert:  Kevin replied 3 months ago.

Hi im kevin yes can be done on car just need to remove caliper and brake rotor

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Is there a slot to remove the lug on the 99 Honda accord LX 4cyl, I see some videos of grinding the head of the nut, and in some cases more.
Expert:  Kevin replied 3 months ago.

Should be a slot in the area where the caliper carrier is once removed

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Have to know specifically because once I take the car in the shop will not let it out. The cost could go from $50, to $200 or even $350 if the bearing needs to be replaced.
Expert:  Kevin replied 3 months ago.

Bearing wont need to be removed worst case they will have to drill a hole in back plate bigg enough for stud to slide through .no need to remove bearing

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have to becertain, Once they take the car in the shop they will not let it out with a broken stud
Expert:  Kevin replied 3 months ago.

I can only say how it is there is no reason at all to remove bearing if garage is saying this maybe a different garage is the way forward

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I really need to connect with someone that has actually replaced the wheel stud on the 99 honda accord.
Expert:  Kevin replied 3 months ago.

I will opt out

Expert:  Gary replied 3 months ago.

new expert here i am sorry for the long wait

did you still need help ?

Expert:  Gary replied 3 months ago.

that would be up to the shop you are bringing it into

technically you are supposed to press out the hub out of the bearing to replace the studs BUT they do sell studs with the back 1/2 of the heads cut down so you can slip them in behind with little finesse

we will not press out the hub and use the 1/2 cut ones to change the studs and we get 1/2 hour labor for that job if the hub and bearing has to be pressed out ( again that is on the shop so ask them if they will use or not use the 1/2 cut studs ) then your looking at 1.5 to 2.0 hours of labor to change them with stock regular headed studs

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Expert:  Gary replied 3 months ago.

dont forget to rate me here at Justanswer