HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

I have a 2006 honda ridgeline, automatic transmission. all

Customer Question

i have a 2006 honda ridgeline, automatic transmission. all of a sudden the d light is flashing and the vehicle takes off in second gear. it had a code for shift solenoid b, i had the solenoid replaced, still no first gear at take off
Category: Honda
Expert:  david craig replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** taking it that you had or still have P0756 code?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
p0756 and p0977

ok, well the very first thing that needs to be done: drain the fluid and look for metal shavings. no sense going any further until thats done. if there is presence of metal shavings the transmission will need to be replaced.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The fluid is clean, it had been changed with Honda fluid last fall, and then again when this happened
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
There was evidence of a rodent nesting under the plastic engine cover, but I saw no evidence of wires being chewed. Not sure where to look as I have no wiring diagrsm

ok. even though the fluid was changed the pan wasnt removed to check for metal particles because theres a drain plug to drain it. theres a magnet inside of the fluid pan that collects any metal. as far as the mouse chewing possibilities, that is quite possible. allow me to pull up a print. thank you.

still searching my manuals for a print of the tcm circuit......

heres what i have so far...... more to come

BGRA Shift Solenoids The BGRA 4 shift solenoids are normally closed. These solenoids are POWER controlled at trans conn. pins 5(SS-A [Blu/Blk]), 2(SS-B [Grn/ Wht]), 1(SS-C [Grn]) and 3(SS-D [Yel]). The solenoid wires are GROUNDED at the transmission body itself. Solenoid resistance should be between 11 and 26 Ohms. TO meassure voltage, inject power at sol. pins. You should see 12 volts at sol. body when solenoid is removed from trans-body and hear a click. If no voltage is seen at solenoid body side, then solenoid coil is open or broken. SHIFT-SOLENOID Resistance = 11 - 26 Ohms MAXIMUM CURRENT at room temperature = 1.10 Amps or 1100 mA POWER FEED Test between Batt + and Solenoid Power-Feed = 100 to 300 mVolts w/KOER TCC On/Off solenoid The BGRA TCC On/Off solenoid (Sol-A) is used to control the application of the torque converter wet clutches. This is just an Allow or Not-allow device. Once the TCC On/Off solenoids allows fluid passage, the TCC PWM solenoid then controls the engagement and makes actuation harsher or softer. The TCC On/Off solenoid is very similar electrically and often the same as the normal shift solenoids. This solenoid is POWER controlled by the TCM at pin 1 (yel). The TCC solenoid is grounded at the body or dedicated ground wire. A TCC PWM may also be employed (Sol B). If power is applied, you'll hear a click. Also remove the solenoid and see if when injecting power the solenoid body also goes to 12 volt potential, indicating good solenoidcoil integrity. TCC On/Off Resistance = 12 - 24 Ohms MAXIMUM CURRENT at room temperature = 1.00 Amps or 1000 mA POWER FEED Test between Batt + and Solenoid Power-Feed = 100 to 300 mVolts w/KOER TCC PWM Solenoid The Honda/Acura TCC Solenoid for the BGRA can be either an ON/OFF or Pulse-Width Modulated unit. The unit is pulsed steadily (Fixed Frequency) at 65 to 200 Hz. Then the positive or negative side of the wave is widened or narrowed to control the TCC pressure. The PulseWidth has a duty-cycle in percentage. 90% DC = full operation 10% = almost OFF. Use a duty-cycle meter to test signal. DO NOT apply steady power to this unit. This is a low resistance unit and will get damaged by steady power application. Use a turn-signal flasher in series with the solenoid to test. This will reduce current allowing you to test the unit. This unit is POWER controlled by the TCM or PCM at pin 2. The GROUND is taken from the solenoid body itself. TCC PWM Resistance = 15 to 28 Ohms MAX CURRENT = Do not apply steady power. Low resistance unit. Electronic Pressure Control Solenoid The Electronic Pressure Control Solenoid (Solenoid A) for the BGRA transmission is a PWM or Pulse Width Modulated unit. PWM is a ratio of On to OFF. A 90% Duty-Cycle means that the unit is ON 90% of the time, therefore, there will be high trans-fluid pressure. The TCM provides both POWER and GROUND to control the unit. The TCM varies the duty-cycle to the solenoid at a steady frequency. Do not apply steady power to this solenoid or damage will result. This is a low resistance unit. Use a turn-signal flasher in series with the unit when testing. This will pulse and restrict power, preventing damage. EPC RESISTANCE: 5 to 6 Ohms MAX CURRENT: Do not apply steady power. Current depends on dutycycle

just checking in to see how its going