Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.

I waited way too for an oil change for my 09 Honda Fit. I

Customer Question

I waited way too long for an oil change for my 09 Honda Fit. I didn't get an engine flush because I heard it may damage the engine when I changed the oil. What else can I do help the engine instead?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for taking time to ask your Honda-Acura question on JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** online handle is Honda-Man I will be assisting you.

Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 month ago.

You are correct about the engine flushing machines. Even using oil flush treatment can dislodge debris and cause problems. How many miles were on the oil? How many miles are on the car total?

Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 month ago.

Honda strictly forbids using flushing machines or flushing additives for their engines and transmissions.

I have seen customers go way too far on an oil change before without any serious damage. As long as it didn't run out of oil or stall from no oil being in the engine it should be OK. I would change the oil and filter every 3-4 months or 3-4,000 miles for the next several changes. The new oil has additives that can help slowly remove any accumulation. No need to use synthetic since it won't be in there long enough to benefit. It would just be a waste of money. All you can do now is take the best care possible. I change my oil at 4,000 or 4 months with conventional oils.

Please navigate to the rating page and provide a rating. Positive feedback is welcome too. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required. If for any reason you can't rate now please tell me why so I can continue to help. The rating has nothing to do with when or how you get charged. Rating is how JustAnswer knows when to pay me.
Thank you,