Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles
45790705

I have a 2000 Honda Truck CR-V EX 4WD L4-1972cc 2.0L DOHC

Customer Question

Hi i have a 2000 Honda Truck CR-V EX 4WD L4-1972cc 2.0L DOHC MFI that has a constant cylinder 4 misfire. The CEL is blinking constantly. I have very strong spark at cylinder 4. I have check the injectors resistance which is 13 ohms. i have also performed an injector drop test and all injectors drop the same amount. My compression on cylinder 4 is 150 psi. My fuel pressure is 40 KOEO and with KOER with the vacuum line off regulator i have 42 psi. With the engine running i have 35 psi of fuel pressure. Any advice?
Category: Honda
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 8 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

1- 40 is at the bottom end of spec

2- but 35 at running is low.

3- was the distributor replaced ?

4- what are your fuel trims on idle ,long & short term ,,can you get me that ?

Save Article

Select Print Option Complete Article Text Only Image(s) Only

PRESSURE

With Regulator Vacuume Hose Disconnected

40-47 Psi.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The distributor and wires have been replaced previously. At idle on the LT i have 1.00 and on the ST i have 1.12

that 1.12 percent ?correct on ST

when the distributor was replaced did it solve the problem ?

how long ago, we change those all the time for a honda crv that model,

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
1.12 percent. and i have no clue when it was changed because my shop did not change it. You can visually tell it is like brand new. So it must have been recently.

i m not sure on this one,from all the readings you gave me

1-the fuel pressure , i think it is low at 35 running.

2- I would test that distributor again, i have replaced a lot of those ,where they came back after 6 month and installed another one under warranty

3- intermittent ground at injectors , harness wiring issue , i would ohm out the injector wire connector not just the injectors

but i cant confirm this for you with out testing the harness

Chad

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
i also had noid lights on each injector wiring connector and they were blinking like they should. would 35 psi of fuel pressure cause just one cylinder to have a straight misfire?

it is probably misfiring on the other just a little, but not enough to set the code or can you see it on the misfire counter, can you pull up misfire counters in your scanner

i know 35 is low