Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

My 2002 drivers side power slider won't unlock and the door

Customer Question

my 2002 drivers side power slider won't unlock and the door does not work when I manually unlock it
JA: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?
Customer: yes
JA: What is the model of your '02 Honda?
Customer: odessey lx
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes I checked all fuses they are good the door can be opened manually
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: the electric unlock does not work just on this door
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This issue here can be caused by a faulty door latch in some cases.I have seen door latch failures in the past before needing replaced to correct a fault like this here.If you have not had the latch checked this needs done.In allot of cases the door paneling has to be removed which in some cases can damage it when the door is stuck closed to then access the latch to try and manually release it then check and replace it as needed.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete