Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

I have an 08 civic and the ac compressor wont cycle and the

Customer Question

hi I have an 08 civic and the ac compressor wont cycle and the lines freeze up. ive replaced many parts and have vaced
JA: Have you checked the Freon level?
Customer: o yes spent many hours yesterday pulling vac to be sure there is no moisture in the system it has a new evaporator, expantion valve, condenser evap temp sensor. when I pull vac it is to 28.74 to boil all moisture
JA: Are you fixing your Civic yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am a tech at a indy shop in nj usually don't have these problems and I am at the end of my rope all the basics have been coversd
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: ive also ruled out electrical problems such as relay ,heater head and pressure switch
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.working after noon till just after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • Yes, you have been charged already.
  • Yes, I am aware of the time you asked your question and time I am responding.
  • I will be online a couple more hours after this post.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.

Have you checked the pressure sensors which should shut down the compressor to prevent freeze up?

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris