Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Dealer Auto Technician
94707146

I'm trying to re-home the sliding door on my 2010 odyssey,

Customer Question

I'm trying to re-home the sliding door on my 2010 odyssey
JA: Are you fixing your Odyssey yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. When I close the door the secondary latch pulls the door closed, but it seems like it over pulls it and then releases it after a few seconds. This results in the van alarming when it is put in gear. (no door open lights are on, turning off the power door solve the beeping).
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the door switches?
Customer: Which fuses should I check?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Category: Honda
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I've taken the inside panel off the door. It doesn't happen everytime, but often the closer will start but won't finish its cycle, it will pause for a couple seconds and then release the door slightly. The door is still latched, but it couldn't secure the door in the intended position.Does this indicate the closer is wearing out and needs to be cleaned/replaced or does my latch (or other) need to be adjusted?Thanks,
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Hello my name is***** am an ASE Master Technician and I am glad to help you out with your question.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

It is common for the rollers in the door to break and come off. This will cause this problem I have seen this before and replace the door rollers and the problem never returns.

Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

You can look up at the middle track under the rear window glass, you will see the rollers missing from the door bracket.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
yup, i've just replaced both sides.
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Is the door adjusted properly?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I believe so. If I give the door a little help with the final closing process it is able to fully cycle the latch.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
but every so often it doesn't quite finish, it pauses for a couple seconds and then the motor gives up.
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

power sliding door

Resetting the Power Sliding Door Control Unit

If the battery terminal is disconnected or No. 7 (7.5 A) fuse in the driver's under-dash fuse/relay box is removed while the power sliding door is operating, the power sliding door will not be able to be opened or closed automatically until it is reset. To reset the system, fully close the sliding door manually. Once the battery terminals are reconnected or No. 7 (7.5 A) fuse in the driver's under-dash fuse/relay box is replaced, the power sliding door system will automatically reset. Make sure the power sliding door operates properly.

1. Erase the sliding door DTCs by removing the No. 7 fuse from the under-dash fuse/relay box.
  2. Turn off the Main switch for the doors. Make sure the ignition switch is in LOCK (0).
  3. Fully close the power sliding door manually (the control unit must see the full latch switch and the ratchet switch closed at the same time).
  4. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II). Turn on the Main switch.
  5. Test the door operation with the power sliding door switch, the remote transmitter, and the door handles.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
this already kinda happened. Over the weekend the battery went completely dead (had to enter radio codes). I believe this had something to do with the door. Would disconnecting the battery do something different now?
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

This is the reset procedure for the door, I edited the battery reset.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I've tried something similar.I just did this (turned off doors, pulled the fuse, closed the door, replaced fuse, turned to II, turned on doors, opened doors)The door worked 4 times in a row, on the 5 time it didn't close completely.
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

I can send you a pdf of how to adjust the doors if you would like.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I don't feel like its out of adjustment. My thought is that the latch assembly (72610-SHJ-A22) needs to be replaced, I was just hoping there was an easier fix. Is this a part that looses its power? or binds up?
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

I have seen problems with the latch as well. Have you tried spraying the latch with wd40?

Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

I also have pdf diagrams of how to replace the latch.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Not yet, I read that people have had issues with a pivot cam that seizes inside the assembly. since the homing didn't work, I think that will be my next step.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Do you have the honda service manual or a 3rd party manual?
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Honda manual.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
where can I get the full manual?
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

I do not know where you can get the full manual.