Fixitman, Technician /Advisor
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, AA Auto/Diesel Technology,

I have an 2006 honda odyssey when im crusing at 40-60mph,

Customer Question

i have an 2006 honda odyssey
when im crusing at 40-60mph, the rpms are at 1800rpms
so basically i am in overdrive or high gear
when i decided to slowly accelerate to a higher speed, the rpms are going up slowly, then the car shakes like its misfiring.
then i left off the gas and accelerate with a little more throttle response and the shaking is gone.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Fixitman replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** you tell me how many miles are on the vehicle and if the check engine light is coming on?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
About 190k, cel is not on.
Expert:  Fixitman replied 2 months ago.

Thank you. One last question. Has the vehicle been tuned up per the maintenance requirement?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
it has
Expert:  Fixitman replied 1 month ago.

Thank you. I am sorry for the delay in getting back with you. There are a few common causes of this. The most common being a failing drive axle. The CV joint in the axle fails and causes this to occur. I have also seen engine mounts cause this as well at the valve timing actuators. If the axles are fine I usually look into these next. I hope this helps. Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I replaced both cv axles becaue it was vibrating on acceleration. Would cv axles cause a hesitation at low rpm going 45mph trying to slowly increase speed steadily?
Expert:  Fixitman replied 1 month ago.

If they were binding they could. Did this start right after they were replaced. The hesitation sounds more like the timing actuators.