HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level

I just bought a Honda Accord 1998 lx 2.3l. The previous

Customer Question

I just bought a Honda Accord 1998 lx 2.3l. The previous owner mechanic told him and also me that the car needed the cramkshaft sensor. So expended money on this replacement but the car is still with the rpm prolblems and sometimes it practically stalls. The check engine appears and fades. I checked spark plugs....the previous owner put cables and ignition system.
JA: Does the vehicle stall at low speeds? Does it sputter?
Customer: Yes mostly but also sometimes when I start the engine begins to fails like a spark plug problem.
JA: Are you fixing your Accord yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I paid a local mechanic to do the crankshaft sensor replacement. The only thing I did was to check the gauge of the spark plugs and loose a little the speed cable becaus was to tight and rpm were too high. I think that someone did it to try to prevent stalling of the engine.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The intake hose is broken but was previously partially repaired with a wide tape. As previous mentioned ...I can drive a little but suddenly starts to hesitate and is really a pain.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Fixitman replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** you tell me how many miles are on the vehicle?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
214,644 miles