Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

The third row seat belt is stuck. It is wrapped around a

Customer Question

the third row seat belt is stuck. It is wrapped around a bicycle handle bar and the seat belt will not release. I have a 2012 honda odyssey
JA: Which belt is acting up? And when was it last changed?
Customer: it is on the passenger side. The seat belt has been used about 10 times in the last 4 years. the problem is that I wrapped the seat belt around the handle bar to the bike from moving in the back.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i would like to fix it myself. I thought that i could remove the upper seat belt support, the one near the roof. I have not tried anything.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no.
Category: Honda
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
there is no slack in the seat belt. it will not release. the seat belt is wrapped around the handle bar. how do i remove some of the seat belt to create slack to unwrapped the belt?
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you havent tried this yet,try pushing the bike and seat to give you a little extra slack to then see if you can release the tension on the seat belt to see if it then releases.I have had to put some weight/force on the seat and components to give the belt some slack to free it up.If this is or was already attempted with no success let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete