Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I recently replaced a dead battery in my 2012 Honda Odyssey.

Customer Question

I recently replaced a dead battery in my 2012 Honda Odyssey. The VSA and ABS lights are on in the dashboard since then. The sliding doors won't operate automatically when engine is on. I gather from online forums that this is a common issue with this vehicle. I did the battery cable reset procedure but it didn't work and nothing changed. Do you have any suggestions on how to resolve that I can do on my own?
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: Yes, I already checked those. The fuses and bulbs are fine.
JA: Are you fixing your Odyssey yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I did the battery cable reset procedure but it didn't work and nothing changed.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nothing else. Thanks.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.working after noon till just after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • Yes, you have been charged already.
  • Yes, I am aware of the time you asked your question and time I am responding.
  • I will be online a couple more hours after this post.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
i still need help.

For the warning lights. I will need you to get it scanned to see which codes are stored to help you diagnose that issue. With the key on and you press and release the bottom of the power sliding door switch. The power sliding door control unit requests wheel speed info from the VSA control unit and speed info from the PCM. If the vehicle speed info isn’t available, the control unit blocks the open command and keeps the door from opening.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a great experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
How do i get it scanned?

You can take it to a shop if you do not own a diagnostic tool that connects under the drivers side of the dash.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I bought a scanner tool for this purpose. I connected the tool and it detected the CAN protocol successfully. However, the scanning results show "NO CODES".

Sounds like your tool only has the capability to read engine codes. See if it can read the wheel speed sensors while driving, if not then it can not access the ABS module to get the codes your needing.