HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level

Radio code, yes, 2004 crv awd, I had the code and miss filed

Customer Question

radio code
JA: Has the battery been recently disconnected? Have you checked the manual or the glove box for the radio code?
Customer: yes,
JA: What is the model/year of your Honda?
Customer: 2004 crv awd
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I had the code and miss filed it hoping to find it but haven't so far it's been a month in some spare time I try to search
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: i don't want to take the front panel off to access the radio serial number
Category: Honda
Expert:  Steve replied 2 months ago.

I may be able to help you with this. Follow what I am posting and then post the numbers you get here.

1. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II).

2. Turn on the audio unit, and make sure you see COdE in the display. If you don’t see this message, remove the backup fuse for 1 minute, then go back to step 1.

3. Turn off the audio unit.

4. Press and hold the 1 and 6 preset buttons, then turn on the audio unit. The display toggles between two screens. The first screen displays a U and the first four digits of the serial number (for example, U2200). The second screen displays an L and the last four digits of the serial number (for example, L0055). Ignore the U and L, and write down all eight digits.