Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.

Check engine light just came on, along with VSA light. It

Customer Question

check engine light just came on, along with VSA light. It seems to be running a little rough when idling as well. 2008 odyssey. I just checked oil and it may be a tad low, but I'm not getting any indication about oil.
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: solid, not blinding blinking
JA: Are you fixing your Odyssey yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no, I'm not fixing it myself, just trying to figure out how urgent I need to get it in, like drop everything, or take in when I can in a few days.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for taking time to ask your Honda-Acura question on JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** online handle is Honda-Man I will be assisting you.

If it's idling rough it is probably misfiring.

That's not really urgent unless the check engine light blinks. Then it's not a good idea to drive it. Misfires that bad can damage the catalytic converter.

If you have a auto parts store close by you can have them check for codes? They can or I can then explain what exactly is happening.

Please let me know what you think? If we are done please rate if not reply and we can continue.

Thank you,