HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level

My 2006 Honda CRV threw a CEL light and VSA light yesterday.

Customer Question

My 2006 Honda CRV threw a CEL light and VSA light yesterday. Found loose positive connection on battery, tightened it and got codes cleared at O'Reillys. Drove at least 25 miles and all was good. Today only the CEL light came on but the battery positive terminal is tight. Got codes cleared again which showed same codes as yesterday. Help!!
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: SO far after 25 miles it's off, but I have a*****tomorrow and I'm kind of worried in case something happens when I;m out in the desert in very hot conditions and it leaves me stranded?
JA: Are you fixing your CR-V yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. I am going to try and fix it myself as I have my own tool chest and I am very handy on the wrenches. The CRV had 170,000 miles on it and it's manual transmission.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, this has been the only problem every. We have owned the car since new.
Category: Honda
Expert:  eauto replied 2 months ago.

have you scanned for codes?