HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

The infamouse 2008 Pilot crank no start. Green key light not

Customer Question

Hi. The infamouse 2008 Pilot crank no start. Green key light not flashing and looking normal. 20 minutes when cooler it starts. Now getting worst and frequent and takes longer (40 minutes) to start
JA: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?
Customer: sorry my wife drives it. don't recall about initial flashing but it is steady before cranking
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i haven't tried anything. i can do basic stuff
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: started a year ago but rarely. if it's hot or stops amid trips then chances are it won't start. now it's hapening more often
Category: Honda
Expert:  justinsbg replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. Just to confirm, when the engine won't start does the green light light flash as the vehicle is being cranked?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
That I don't know. I didn't pay attention. To answer that I'll have to wait on the next incident

That would be really helpful to know. Crank but no-starts are unsual on this model.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I see. I've asked my wife to keep an eye on the green key light. I guess we'll resume when I get that info. Meanwhile, anything you can recommend?

Nothing simple. As I said, this would be an unusual problem for this model. I have been servicing only Honda/Acura vehicles for nearly 10 years so I know the brand well. Just take notice if the engine spins over sluggishly when it won't start, or if it cranks normally.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Okay. I can tell you now that it cranks normally - just won't fire up.

okay. Just respond back when you have more information.