Master Auto Tech.
Master Auto Tech., master tech.
Experience:  A.S.E. Master technician. Over 20 years working on import & domestic. Owner/operator of an auto shop
17920890

It won't rev above 2000 rpms, 2005 lx, Yes I've tried

Customer Question

It won't rev above 2000 rpms
JA: What is the model of your '00 Honda?
Customer: 2005 lx
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I've tried nothing yet
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Does this Honda have etc relay?
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?
Customer: Yes it is starting normally it's got 177000
Category: Honda
Expert:  Master Auto Tech. replied 3 months ago.
I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.I'm sorry no one has responded up until now. Also sorry for late reply. Does your Honda have a check engine light on? The most likely cause is a fault in the peddle sensor or throttle body. But we will need to check for codes first, let me know what they are if there is, and then clear them and recheck to see if they come back and if it works ok.I strive to provide 5 star service. If I have satisfactorily answered your question please rate it as such and hit submit. Doing so is the only way I get compensated for my time. Also it doesn't close the discussion so we will still be able to communicate if there are further questions.
Thanks
Sonny
I strive to provide 5 star service. If I have satisfactorily answered your question please rate it as such and hit submit. Doing so is the only way I get compensated for my time. Also it doesn't close the discussion so we will still be able to communicate if there are further questions.
Thanks
Sonny