Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

My alarm is going off from unhooking the battery how can i

Customer Question

My alarm is going off from unhooking the battery how can i stop it
JA: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?
Customer: I do not have a key to fit the doors
JA: What year is your Fit?
Customer: Its ann accord but it s an 02
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing so far
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No I just need to no how to dis able the alarm with no door key
Category: Honda
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Unfortunately usually this will take a door key to lock and unlock the drivers side door to turn off the alarm.In some cases if you have a remote/key fob you can use this as well to lock and unlock the doors to turn off the alarm or use the interior lock and unlock button to turn off the alarm but usually this takes the door key to lock and unlock the door to reset this.You can also try to insert your key into the ignition to turn it on and see if it turns off then.

Your door lock cylinder has a sensor that sends a signal to turn on and off the alarm.What you may have to do is leave the battery disconnected right now,go to a dealer with your vehicles VIN number,registration and photo ID and have them cut you a door key from your VIN number (as some can do this) and then go back and connect your battery and use the key in the door.

Some of these models also used the main key as the door key so I would check first to see if the main key locks and unlocks the door.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Is it possible to open the door panel and di able the systedm
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

You may be able to do this although I have not tried this myself.There should be an electrical switch on the door cylinder you might be able to switch manually once the panel is removed.It may rotate manually to turn off the alarm.You can try this but I dont know or see here that this will work for sure.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
All though i did not get the answer i was hoping for the tech did respond fast and with helpful info
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

Thanks.I wish I had better news on this here but I do hope my answer did help in some way.

Thanks Pete