justinsbg, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE certified in Brakes, Electrical, HVAC, and Engine Performance. Currently a lead diagnostic Technician.

Trouble w/ ac. air blows, just doesn't cool. Tried

Customer Question

trouble w/ ac. air blows, just doesn't cool. Tried refridgerant, didn;t work
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Have you checked for a leak in the radiator?
Customer: No
JA: What is the model/year of your Honda?
Customer: 2009 Honda accord
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. Just refridgerant
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: The steering has a sound in the column
Category: Honda
Expert:  justinsbg replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. Please check something for me. Pop the hood and go inside the vehicle to turn the a/c switch ON. If the switch is already on, turn it back off and on again. Notice if the radiator cooling fans come one when the a/c switch is pressed on. Let me know what you find. Thanks

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
they do
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No trouble w/ blower or fans nder hood

Great, thanks for that information. Is this a V6 or 4 cylinder?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
4 cy
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
R U still there?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am currently driving home from work. I will respond back with in the next 30 minutes. Thank you
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
OK Be safe

Reminder, I have not been paid at this point and won't be until I receive a positive rating from you. At that point I will receive a portion of what you've already paid Just Answer.

The problem here is either a faulty compressor clutch relay or a faulty compressor clutch coil. I am a Honda/Acura only technician and have been for nearly 10 years so I know the brand well. I would first replace the relay. If you replace the relay and it still doesn't operate this means the coil is faulty. If the radiator fans run when the a/c switch is commanded ON this tells me there is sufficient refrigerant in the system and the computer is providing a ground for the compressor clutch relay. This indicates there is power going to the compressor clutch, but the coil isn't pulling the clutch in due to high resistance. I have replaced countless coils, so I feel confident that this is the problem. I will include a picture of the coil and relay as well as a link to view the part, part number, and pricing. The coil is letter F in the picture. If you have any additional questions about this just let me know. Thanks.

You can go ahead and rate me positively. Don't worry, there aren't additional charges for posting to this thread after you rate so we can keep chatting. Thanks!

Link to view compressor coil:

Link to view compressor relay:

Expert:  justinsbg replied 2 months ago.;et=2%2c3)&SubCategoryUrl=a-c-air-conditioner-compressor-1-8l&Diagram=&PartNumbers=

Please remember to rate me positively so I get credit for my advice. If you have any additional questions just let me know. Thanks!