Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles
45790705

Since the last airbag recall fix, something is draining my

Customer Question

Since the last airbag recall fix, something is draining my battery if it sets for 2 or 3 days
Category: Honda
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad ,Welcome To JustAnswer, I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting a reply ASAP

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
hello

hey

you need to find the drain first

Turn switch off, key out .

Go across all fuses with a voltmeter set on milli amps , any fuse reading over 0.3 will be the source of battery drain .

you need to do the test after 10 minutes from switch is off to let all the modules go to sleep and stop drawing power, and take out the bulb for the hood so it want be drawing power while you test .

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

same thing for the inside fuse box

make sure all the doors are closed while you do that or turn interior light off inside the cabin .

how old is the battery ?

and what is the voltage reading at battery with car running and all loads on, like ac, headlights ,radio, flasher etc .. are you getting 14 plus volts is alternator charging correctly ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
the battery was bought last year after the first airbag was fixed and it started doing this. It cost me over 200 and it stopped draining. then they recalled it for the second airbag, and soon aftter it started doing it again and getting worse and worse.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
When I purchased the car second hand it did this. And it not only drained the battery but the radio would come on after the car was parked. The local dealer did not find the problem. I decided to replace the radio at a local audio specialist and it stopped. I have had no problem until they fixed the airbags.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
we are having rain and thunderstorms moving through this area of Virginia, I may have to shut down my computer

OK, i understand , well doing the test i described will tell us if it has anything to do with air bag if you found the fuse draining is the airbag one .

and do the alternator test , and let me know .

no problem i believe we can find it if you willing to do some testing

i understand about storm just reply back when ready

Chad