justinsbg
justinsbg, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE certified in Brakes, Electrical, HVAC, and Engine Performance. Currently a lead diagnostic Technician.
27674784

I have a 2007 Honda Ridgeline AC not working... Blows no

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Honda Ridgeline AC not working... Blows no cold air. Then it blows decent air although never cold cold air. Cold air is colder on passenger vents than drivers vents. Started occasional drips on driver side right foot where it meets the pedal can u help. If simple I can fix if not need to take to ac mechanic
Category: Honda
Expert:  justinsbg replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. Give me a few while I type some information. Thanks

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi thanks
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hey Justin are you still there? Ken

Yes, please give me a few. Got tied up with a car here. Be back very soon

alright I'm back. I am working on your information now. thanks for your patience.

Reminder, I have not been paid at this point and won't be until I receive a positive rating from you. At that point I will receive a portion of what you've already paid Just Answer.

I suspect you have multiple issues going on here. It sounds like the a/c comes and goes, and when it is working it doesn't work very well like it is cooler on one side than the other. I will address the issue with the system when it works, but doesn't work well first. I believe the a/c system is low on refrigerant. When the system gets low the pressures drop. When the pressures drop the air temperature will be affected in the cabin. The system has a leak somewhere. The most common leak on this model is the discharge hose from the compressor to the condenser. This hose usually leaks where the rubber is crimped to the metal. Obviously this will have to be verified, but I do suggest that the system is low which is why when the system works it doesn't work well and there is a temperature difference between the driver's and passenger's side.

Now onto the intermittent system operation. The most common problem here is a faulty compressor clutch relay. We replace more relays than anything else. I would replace the relay and see if that takes care of the system intermittently quitting. I suspect this is all you will need. In case this doesn't fix it then I suspect it will need a compressor clutch field coil. This is an electronic coil that pulls the compressor clutch in to operate it. This also commonly fails causing the system to stop working. I will include pictures of these parts as well as a link to view the part, part number, and pricing. If you have any additional questions about this just let me know.

You can go ahead and rate me positively. Don't worry, there aren't additional charges for posting to this thread after you rate so we can keep chatting. thanks

Link to view discharge hose:

http://www.hondapartsnow.com/genuine/honda~hose~discharge~80315-sjc-a00.html

Link to view the compressor clutch coil:

http://www.hondapartsnow.com/genuine/honda~stator~set~38924-rje-a01.html

Link to view the compressor clutch relay:

http://www.hondapartsnow.com/genuine/honda~relay~assy~39794-sda-a03.html?Make=Honda&Model=Ridgeline&Year=2007&Submodel=&Filter=(bt=4%2c167;et=2%2c7)&Location=control-unit-engine-room,2519186,4

http://www.hondapartsnow.com/Page_Product/PartDetail.aspx?Vin=1HGFA15846L028405&Filter=(bt=4%2c8;et=2%2c3)&SubCategoryUrl=a-c-air-conditioner-compressor-1-8l&Diagram=&PartNumbers=

Please remember to rate me positively so I get credit for my answer. If you have any more questions please ask. Thanks