eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  ase technician

I have an' 08 Honda Odyssey. Just had a tune up and

Customer Question

I have an ' 08 Honda Odyssey. Just had a tune up and catalytic converter replaced; got the van back then a day later , the VSA light came on steady, with check engine light flashing then steady. Driving through light rain at about 4o mph. I did not notice any vibrations initially until when I was about to park. It was about a***** I took it to AUTOZone so they could do a diagnostic, and the codes said cylinder 1 misfire detected. It was running fine prior to the tune up and change of the catalytic converter, then all of these problems. What could possibly be the cause?
Category: Honda
Expert:  eauto replied 2 months ago.

did they replace the coils?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I don't think they did. The mechanic said they changed the spark plugs, oil and oil filter and air filter. The mechanic did say that he felt some vibrations when he did a test drive. Will it be safe to drive it to my work ( about 18 miles) before I take it back to the mechanic?
Expert:  eauto replied 2 months ago.

is the light flashing or solid?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Both VSA and check engine lights are solid.
Expert:  eauto replied 2 months ago.

then its safe to drive...but extended driving can cause further issues...since ir has a missfire and it was just tuned up i would have the shop that did the tune up look at it

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Do you think it's the coil or something else?
Expert:  eauto replied 2 months ago.

its likley a ignition coil yes

Expert:  eauto replied 2 months ago.

Please remember to only rate my service when you are satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.
I am not paid unless I get a rating of 3 to 5 Stars/Smiley Faces. As always I'm happy to provide my time/service & resources so If I have helped you with your question, please give me an appropriate rating so that I get credit for helping you. Thank you and good luck with your vehicle!