cardoctor71, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE MasterCertified Technician with 35 years xperience diagnosing and repairing all makes and models of cars and trucks.

Popalock opened the door for me because I had locked keys in

Customer Question

Popalock opened the door for me because I had locked keys in my car & now the alarm won't stop going off
JA: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?
Customer: I only have the valet key the plastic broke off my other key & i don't use it anymore
JA: What is the model/year of your Honda?
Customer: 2012 Honda Pilot
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Starting the car & turning it off & on
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No
Category: Honda
Expert:  cardoctor71 replied 2 months ago.

Since you only have the valet key, you are going to have a hard time convincing the anti theft system you are not trying to steal the car, without a fob that the security system recognizes ,the only way will be with the use of a scanner at the dealership. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, please don't shoot the messenger.For now open the hood and locate the siren and cut the wires cleanly leaving enough room for splicing later, then TOW the vehicle to Honda. Please Accept and Rate my answer, if you have further questions ,I will continue to answer them until you are completely satisfied.