Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I have a 2008 CRV. I have just installed an after market

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 2008 CRV. I have just installed an after market radio with reversing camera. I now have some electrical problems: wipers work only on low and hi, not intermittent and don't return wen switched off; no tachometer or warning lights; no indicators but hazards work; no reversing lights. I have had a look around the fuse box and I can't see a plug off. Any ideas?
Thanks
Dwight
JA: Have you checked the manual yet? Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, will try myself. I have a fuse panel under the dash. Where's the other one?
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I have connected to the reversing lights is the only thing I can think of.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In some cases if an incorrect adapter harness is used where the factory radio harness adapts to an after market radio or if no adapter/interface harness is used at all this issue here will occur.I would check the radio wiring first and see if this is the issue here needing corrected.If this was already checked or if you tried to put back in the factory radio to see if this resolves the fault and it did not let me know.I have seen interface harnesses cause issues in the past before needing rewired or replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete