Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Honors degree in Mechanical Engineering, worked 8 years as a Formula 1 engine engineer.

It won't start, it's not the battery, 2000 accord, When I

Customer Question

It won't start
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: it's not the battery
JA: What is the model/year of your Honda?
Customer: 2000 accord
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: When I tried to start it stuck in D4
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: D4 is flashing when I try to start the car
Category: Honda
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Waiting on a answer
Expert:  Matt replied 2 months ago.

a flashing 'D4 ' light means a fault with the transmisson

which can prevent the engine from cranking but the most likley source is a faulty 'main' relay thats called out in the fuse box as the PGFM unit

Its a large multipurpose unit that runs the ECU, transmisson controller and a few others so I'd suggest to pull that out and replace it

Expert:  Matt replied 2 months ago.

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you