Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Toyota mastertech
Experience:  master tech at Toyota dealer
24571351

Leakim, Leak from rain water in to passenger side. Looks

Customer Question

Leakim
JA: What is the model/year of your Honda?
Customer: Leak from rain water in to passenger side. Looks like its coming from fire wall.
JA: What part of the car is the leak coming from? And are you sure it's water?
Customer: Yes Its rain water from the heavy rains we have been experiencing in Louisianna
JA: What year is your Honda?
Customer: 2006
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes trying to fix . I am trying to determine the source. i have the seats removed and wanting to remove the carpet. Lower center console of the dash is the only thing left that is preventing me from removing the carpet. trying to figure out how to remove.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no not at this moment.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer and allowing me to help solve your problem. Question, does your car have A/C ? AND HAVE YOU USED IT RECENTLY? iF SO i T COULD POSSIBLY BE THE DRAIN HOSE PLUGGED AND OVERFLOWING FROM THE HEATER BOX TRAY ONTO THE CARPET.EASY FIX IS TO LOCATE THE DRAIN HOSE UNDER THE CAR ON THE PASSENGER SIDE AND CLEAN IT OUT. BE CAREFUL YOU MAY GET WET! iF THAT'S NOT PLUGGED THE NEXT QUESTION IS , DOES IT HAVE A SUN ROOF?