Tracer3
Tracer3, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech, L1, Honda owner, Shop owner foreign/domestic
13677702

Just wondering what it will cost me to replace my

Customer Question

Just wondering what it will cost me to replace my struts/shocks on a 2005 Accord V-6. Probably about to sell, and trying to determine a fair price. Other than the shocks, it's in very good condition, and I want to consider an allowance for strut replacement.
JA: How has the ride been lately? Have you noticed any fluid under the car?
Customer: Not yet, but an independent mechanic working on my rear brakes said I should consider replacing the shocks. I assume he saw something or took it for a test ride. Our roads are so bad here I don't know what a smooth ride is anymore!
JA: Are you fixing your Accord yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing yet. May leave it for the next owner.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Tracer3 replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I can not speak for exact price on the struts, as there are different brands etc but the average in my area is about $75 -$110 each for the struts. You have struts on the front as well as on the rear so you have 4 struts

Book time to change the front is 2.7 hours and to change the rear is 2.9 hours for a total book time of 5.6 hours, reason? they have to be removed then put in a special press to change over the coil springs from the top of each strut. If you cam into our shop? we would give and estimate of around $976 parts and labor, This is based on $85 per hour