Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

Vsa a light came on at stop light read manual turned off

Customer Question

vsa a light came on at stop light read manual turned off proceeded home came on again and car runs rough when i give it gas this is a 2009 honda crv
Category: Honda
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

The VSA light stands for vehicle stability assist.If there is a fault with one of the sensors/components in the vehicle stability assist system this causes this light to come on and can affect how well the engine runs all depending on the component that is at fault.

What has to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out/checked using a compatible scan tool that will plug in and communicate with all computers to see what codes are set.Once this is done the code set will need diagnosed to locate and repair this issue here.Most shops or a dealer can check the codes for you and diagnose the code for a fee.A local parts store will usually check the codes at no charge to you but usually cannot diagnose the fault but can give you an idea of what is at fault.If you can get the codes read out and post the code info here this will help just let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete