Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

Ac stoped working. No air blowing, No nothing coming out, 05

Customer Question

Ac stoped working . No air blowing
JA: Do the vents feel cold? Is there a coolant leak?
Customer: No nothing coming out
JA: What is the model/year of your Honda?
Customer: 05 honda accord
JA: What year is your Honda?
Customer: 2005
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Check the fuse. Inside fuse box. Asked around . Others say fan or something bybair vents forgot what its called
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Imba mechanical fool. Haha dont know much learning slowly tho.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for taking time to ask your Honda-Acura question on JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** online handle is Honda-Man I will be assisting you.

So no air flow at all? EX LX ?

If you don't have any air flow at all most likely the blower motor power transistor(see image) is bad. It's sometimes called a blower motor resistor. it's very rare for the blower motor itself to fail. it controls the fan speeds so if it fails there will be no air flow at all. it's actually a very common part to fail.

Please navigate to the rating page and provide a rating. Positive feedback is welcome too. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required. If for any reason you can't rate now please tell me why so I can continue to help. The rating has nothing to do with when or how you get charged. Rating is how JustAnswer knows when to pay me.
Thank you,

~Cliff

Image and location of the power transistor. it's under the glove box secured with 2 screws.

Thanks again please remember to rate.

~Cliff