Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

The I a light is on and the dealership said it was a bad

Customer Question

The I a light is on and the dealership said it was a bad commutatio sensor. Where is that located? And is ther more than one part?
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: The Ina light and check engine light
JA: What is the model/year of your Honda?
Customer: 2003 Honda Civic hybrid
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I do have someone who will try to fix it where is the sensor located? I took it to the dealer ship and was quoted 1500 for the fix.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: The error code it gave was p1564
Category: Honda
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Eric replied 4 months ago.

HI,

There are 3 sensors and they are located in the transmission. The transmission MUST be removed - see attached.

I do not recommend this job to anyone without the necessary training on the high voltage hybrid systems. This requires a special grounding glove that must be worn at all times, otherwise a fatal shock may and will likely occur as you are working on a 144v system

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services.Thank you.

Expert:  Eric replied 4 months ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.