Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Honda Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Honda Diagnostics

2013 honda accord, the engine isn't starting getting a click

Customer Question

2013 honda accord
JA: What are all the symptoms you've noticed (e.g. noises, leaks, flashing lights, error codes)?
Customer: the engine isn't starting getting a click nosie
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: noise
JA: Are you fixing your Accord yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: starting to try now
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Category: Honda
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 2 months ago.

When you say you are getting a click noise- is this a 1-click per ignition? Or a rapid, repeating clicking?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It just started today morning...My wife drove the car back into garage and since then it hasn't been starting
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
rapid repeated clicking
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Are you going to call?
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 2 months ago.

I'm sorry. There are a limited number of Techs that do phone calls. I am not one of them. If you would prefer a phone call, I can opt-out and forward you to a Tech that can do this for you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thats fine Ron. What do you suggest I can do at home?
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 2 months ago.

Ok. The rapid, repeated clicking is the tell-tale sign of a battery that has less than 12v or a poor connection. So first, inspect the battery terminal connections and make sure they are tight and free of any corrosion. If the terminals look good, then the battery will need to be jumped/replaced/tested. Once the vehicle is running, check for any items that may have been left on. If nothing found, I would recommend the Alternator be tested to make sure it is charging the battery correctly. Most local big-chain parts stores will test the Alternator and Battery for Free. If you found this answer helpful, please help me by leaving a rating using the "stars" at the top of the page or click 'accept'.
Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for answering your question. Please do the right thing, and rate or accept.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 2 months ago.

If you have access to a multi-meter, you can test the battery and alternator yourself. Let me know and I can provide the test method.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 2 months ago.

If there are any other questions you had on this. Or there was something specific you were hoping to have addressed that I may have missed in my answer... please feel free to reply and ask!

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hi! I noticed this thread was still open and you did not leave a rating , so I wanted to check in and see if there was anything else I could do for you on this issue? Did you have any other questions? Was there something I missed that you wanted addressed? If you have no further questions and simply forgot to leave a rating, please take a second and use the stars at the top of the page to rate our Q&A session. Thank-you!

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 2 months ago.