justinsbg, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE certified in Brakes, Electrical, HVAC, and Engine Performance. Currently a lead diagnostic Technician.

1990 accord start find goes about 10-15 miles stop will not

Customer Question

1990 accord start find goes about 10-15 miles stop will not start set for about a hour and start mew fuel pump and fuel relay switch
JA: How many miles are on the car? How old is the battery?
Customer: 277 miles and battery about a year old
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: check the spark plug wires two are wet with oil # 1 and #2
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: that is all need car fix (asap)
Category: Honda
Expert:  justinsbg replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. Give me a few while I type some information. Thanks

Reminder, I have not been paid at this point and won't be until I receive a positive rating from you. At that point I will receive a portion of what you've already paid Just Answer.

I have been servicing only Honda/Acura vehicles for nearly 10 years so I know the brand well. The most likely problem here is a faulty ICM (ignition control module), also known as the Igniter. Now I recommend to customers when the Igniter fails to replace the Ignition coil as well if it is an internal coil (meaning internal of the districutor). If the coil is externally mounted on the cylinder head I wouldn't replace it because they rarely ever give trouble. Most auto parts stores such as advance auto will stock this part and have it readily available. It is a common failure item and we see it all the time. Again, if the coil is internal of the distributor I would replace it along with the Igniter because they tend to fail close together and I don't want you replacing the igniter and then having to replace the coil in a few weeks. I will include a link to view the factory part, part number, and pricing of the igniter so you will know what you are looking at. If you have any additional questions just let me know.

You can go ahead and rate me positively. Don't worry, there aren't additional charges for posting to this thread after you rate so we can keep chatting. Thanks!