justinsbg, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE certified in Brakes, Electrical, HVAC, and Engine Performance. Currently a lead diagnostic Technician.

Immobilizer key problem.i can not start my pilot. are there

Customer Question

immobilizer key problem.i can not start my pilot. are there any way to reset it.
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: its clean. its a 2013 pilot .it was working fine yesterday. i was cleaning inside the car and left the key in the ingnition position ll. and when i tried to star it just dont want to do it.i can even closed my window. do you think i drained the battery so quick. the radio go off in the position ll but when i change the key to position l the radio turn on
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing yet. . you tube for informationit needs to be reset it
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: i dont know how?
Category: Honda
Expert:  justinsbg replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. Reminder, I have not been paid at this point and won't be until I receive a positive rating from you. At that point I will receive a portion of what you've already paid Just Answer.

The #1 cause of the immobilizer system preventing the vehicle from starting is low or insufficient battery voltage. The immobilizer system requires specific voltage to work properly and if it isn't there it will shut the system down. I suspect that the battery has been depleted to the point that it may operate things like the radio which require little voltage to work properly, but as for systems like the immobilizer the voltage is not good enough. I would hook up jumper cables from a running engine to your car battery. Do not immediately try to start your engine. Let the other running vehicle charge your battery for a few minutes. After a few minutes try to start your engine with the jumper cables still connected. That should do it. I would then go have your battery checked and replaced if necessary. If you have any more questions about this just let me know. Thanks!

You can go ahead and rate me positively. Don't worry, there aren't additional charges for posting to this thread after you rate so we can keep chatting. Thanks!