HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

I am having issues with the immobilizer in my 2002 honda

Customer Question

Hello, i am having issues with the immobilizer in my 2002 honda civic. The dealership wont give me a code so i can drive it to them. They want me to tow it there. Wondering if you could help? Thanks
Category: Honda
Expert:  justinsbg replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. Can you please give me a little backround into how this happened? Is the Green key light flashing while you are trying to start the car?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
i got the timing belt changed with a new battery and starter as well, and yes the green key does flash when i try to start it. Called the dealership they said it was the immobilizer, not sure how to start it so i can get it to them.

Do you have a different key to try?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I do not, i only have one key and that is the key i was using the whole time it was running.

Okay, unfortunately I can not help with a brake code. I don't think these are available anymore to the general public. i will opt out