sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

I have a hesatation on take off on my 1994 honda civic ex

Customer Question

i have a hesatation on take off on my 1994 honda civic ex 1.6 v-tek i had an o2 censor bad replaced it got better then i removed my got better but still a small hesatasion worse if ac is on i've done plugs and wires i believe cap and rotor to.i'm stumped could it be tps censor?any help would be great!!
Category: Honda
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The throttle position sensor is a very likely cause for a hesitation but it will take some testing to determine what you have going on. If the TPS is inaccurate then it can cause the engine to run rich or lean on acceleration and can cause ignition timing issues.

The first step in diagnosing the problem is to see if any fault codes are setting. Have you checked for codes?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I had the o2 sensor code.I replaced that and no codes present as of know. But still acts the same only not as bad.still worse with the a.c. on. Before I assumed the cat.because it started blowing my oil out the seals witch were bran new and i replaced the pcv valve with a genuine honda part.hesatasion got better but not a fix. Anything else that could cause this hesitation? Higher rpm run great noproblems and plenty of power then!

Was the battery disconnected or memory cleared with a scan tool after the sensor was replaced?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Obd1 there something else I should try or is there a way the computer has to relearn somehow?

Do you have an actual scan tool to monitor data?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No not for the obd1 just for the newer obd 2.

Can you describe the actual symptoms?