HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level

My ac stopped working. the blower motor does not turn on. I

Customer Question

my ac stopped working. the blower motor does not turn on. I want to know if that there is a problem with the blower will this prevent to compressor from turning on
JA: Have you checked the Freon level?
Customer: yes is good
JA: What is the model/year of your Honda?
Customer: 2003 honda pilot
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am going to replace the blower motor transistor as I heard this was a common problem. I just want to know one thing in that if the blower fan does not run will this prevent the compressor from engaging. I can troble shoot and repair the blower motor I just want to know if I have two problems and not one
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: please just ask if the blower motor does not run will this stop the compressor from coming on
Category: Honda
Expert:  HondaPlatinum replied 2 months ago.

Yes if the the blower motor resistor is bad the a/c compressor will not operate as well as this completes the circuit .Just replace the blower resistor and this will take care of this issue. These are the next steps and not an expensive repair .Hoped this helped .Please rate excellent service so I can get credit for my help thanks.Bonuses greatly appreciated.