Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

Jumpstarting 2002 cr-v hooked cables in reverse ,now

Customer Question

jumpstarting 2002 cr-v hooked cables in reverse ,now nothing.is there a main fuse to check?please help.thanks Pearl !
JA: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?
Customer: no just one under hood driver side
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes,dident know where tostart
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: the car sat for two yrs ,ran fine when parked
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for taking time to ask your Honda-Acura question on JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** online handle is Honda-Man I will be assisting you.

Sorry to hear about your predicament. There is a special multi-fuse in the under-hood fuse box.

I will get the replacement instructions ready along with the parts info. Be back in a few!

Sorry your main fuse is not a multi-fuse it's just a normal type main fuse. It will be easier to locate this way. It is inside the under-hood fuse box secured with 2 phillips head screws. I have included the location diagram and a parts link by clicking HERE.

Please navigate to the rating page and provide a rating. Positive feedback is welcome too. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required. If for any reason you can't rate now please tell me why so I can continue to help. The rating has nothing to do with when or how you get charged. Rating is how JustAnswer knows when to pay me.
Thank you,

~Cliff

Better picture of the main fuse.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
thank you sooooo much!!! new fuse is in .getting power as it should.ill need anew battery.its been sitting for two yrs.any tips on things to do befour turnning engine over?

You are welcome!

I would check the engine oil and coolant. It would be a good idea to change the oil and filter. Probably be OK to run now as long as it's not low on oil then change the oil as soon as you can.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
ok,thanks againe,i'll get back to you in a few day's

Not a problem if you could rate today I would appreciate it very much.

Thank you,

~Cliff