Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

The ac/heater fan control in cab of my 2006 Honda Ridgeline

Customer Question

Hi. The ac/heater fan control in cab of my 2006 Honda Ridgeline doesn't work properly. I'd like to know what the problem likely is and a repair estimate.
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?
Customer: The ac and heater function is fine. It's the fan control that isn't working properly.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No, I'm female and no mechanic!
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No. This problem has been going on for a while. Have to turn the knob back and forth slowly to get it to work.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** turning it back/fourth seems to help then it sounds like problem is control assembly in dash or blower motor relay which is located in fuse box under the hood. I'd recommend replacing the relay yourself which will cost about $5 and take you 5 minutes. If that doesn't help it will cost around $300 at a shop to have problem diagnosed and repaired. Let me know if you have more questions or if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.

-

Here is a picture of relay https://www.dropbox.com/s/y3bku03dhylvknx/bmrsd.pdf?dl=0