Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

Car engine is vibrating vsa dash light stays on the engine

Customer Question

Car engine is vibrating vsa dash light stays on the engine light is also on.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** online handle is Honda-Man I will be assisting you. I have over 30 years hands on experience. During the Q&A or when we are done please go to the rating page and rate. It won't close the question or cost extra. I work for you and a positive rating not JustAnswer.

Your description sounds like the engine is misfiring. If one or more cylinders are not functioning the VSA and check engine light will come on. The imbalance caused by the misfire creates the vibration. If the check engine light is flashing now or does later on it's best to avoid driving it. Flashing means the catalytic converter could become damaged. To know for sure you will need to have the codes scanned. Most auto parts stores will do this for free. It can be a bad spark plug(s)($200) or ignition coil(&$200). There are just too many possible causes to give an exact answer. If you can get me thew code(s) I can give you a more exact answer.

Thank you,

~Cliff