Steve
Steve, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  13+ years with Honda,ase certified over 25 years
13523613

Really wow ok i have a 2006 ridgeline the switch ac just

Customer Question

really wow ok i have a 2006 ridgeline the switch for the ac just stopped working just had ac replaced last year so hope this isnt problem
JA: Have you checked the Freon level?
Customer: it doesnt turn on the fan at all
JA: What is the model of your '06 Honda?
Customer: no heat either or ac it stopped working aboput 2 wks ago the other day sunday my sister was in it and it worked fine but when i returned to it it wasnt working again it was very cold she said so i believe the freon is not the issue (hope?)
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: if its an easy fix i will otherwise the dealer i bought from i bought a contract for upkeep as well but this isnt covered im sure
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: the heater blower doesnt come on either nothing happens when i turn the knob
Category: Honda
Expert:  Steve replied 4 months ago.

if it is the fan inside the Ridgeline I would first look at whether or not the blower motor recall was done. I would think it has though since you mentioned you have been to the dealer with it before and they should be checking for recalls any time you visit them for service.

If you do not find a fuse blown and it does not blow air at any speed I would assume the blower motor transistor has failed. If the blower motor is drawing too much power it may have caused the blower transistor to fail. The blower transistor is under the dash on the passenger side and is easy to replace. it is only held in by a couple screws.

If you are a handy and have a ohm meter there is a test for the the blower transistor I can and post for you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Not that handy but thanks for the troubleshoot
Expert:  Steve replied 4 months ago.

You are welcome I do know that the blower transistor is a common item that fails.

Expert:  Steve replied 4 months ago.

If you want it here is the diagnoses for it in an .xps file. I can do a pdf at home later if needed. https://www.dropbox.com/s/1xheevl8x4piu08/blower%20trans.xps?dl=0