Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech 34 years.

I have a 2003 Honda Pilot, Automatic, EXL. Started having

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Honda Pilot, Automatic, EXL. Started having transmission issues 2 years ago, it could not accelerate onto the freeway, engine light on, Honda dealer service did not find any transmission problem codes. Brought it to Transmission shop, they found code po733, rebuild transmission included (overhaul kit, 3rd clutch kit, torque converter, etc) costing $4k. Now it exhibits problem when shifting from reverse to drive, gear is not engaging, hear huge thumping sound and the vehicle lurches forward. All the engine motor mounts have been replaced in the past two years. Losing safety confidence in and driving vehicle. So what's happening with my 2003 Honda Pilot??
Category: Honda
Expert:  Ron replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. In order to determine if the problem your describing is an internal problem or an electronic control issue you are going to need to start again with having the system scanned to see if there are any transmission fault codes setting. If you can get this done and post back with them I will help you determine the cause.