HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

We filled our 2006 Odyessy ex-l with gas, closed the fuel

Customer Question

We filled our 2006 Odyessy ex-l with gas, closed the fuel fill door, and ever since our left sliding door wont open anymore... it just beeps and beeps each time we try to open.. Window still works fine... I know that when the fuel fill door is open the sliding door is supposed to refuse to open to keep the two from crunching into each other. Do you think a sensor has gone bad? The push button lever inside the fuel fill door looks "okay" (no visible damage)... the dealership seemed to have no idea about this safety feature. they want to charge $400 for new door motor.
Category: Honda
Expert:  justinsbg replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. Please perform a test for me. Sit inside the vehicle with all doors closed and key out of ignition. Use the door lock switch on the driver's door to unlock the doors. Look to see if the driver's side sliding door lock knob is unlocking when you push the switch. Let me know