Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Dealer Auto Technician

The name is, Got a 2006 ridge. The A/C will not come on. The

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, the name is***** a 2006 ridge. The A/C will not come on. The compressor clutch is free, the dash switch was just replaced. but still not coming on. Fuses are all good as far as I can tell. is there a celenoid that controls the clutch or something?
JA: How many miles are on the clutch? Has it been slipping or sticking?
Customer: never replaces so 130000, I spun it whit the motor off and it's very free. IT's like it's not kicking in??
JA: What is the model of your '128000 Honda?
Customer: 2006 Ridgeline RT
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes, the dash switch.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no, When it was working it was good and cold. but all of the sudden it will not kick in.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Jump the ac compressor relay with a jumper wire and see if the compressor kicks on. You will need a test light to check for power at the relay on 2 pins with the ac on. You should also check for power at the small wire on the ac compressor with the ac switch on you should have voltage there.

You could have a low freon charge, or a bad pressure switch which both could be preventing the compressor from coming on.

Please reply to this if you need more help, then we can continue this conversation. Please rate 3 or more starts at the top of the screen. Rating does not close out your question. Remember, sometimes it is difficult to completely diagnose your vehicle without being there, but I will try to give you the best answer I can. You have already been charged the full question value so please rate if you are happy with my service. I do not get compensated unless you rate.

Thanks Dan

Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Hello again Dan here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated.

This question is coming up on 7 days which means it will close.

You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but you have not rated.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else I can help you with?

If I did not give you 5 star service, please let me know what I missed.

I do not get compensated for my time and resources unless you rate me.

Thanks Dan